Sunday, January 17, 2010

Some of What Love Is

LOVE
- does not exist in the abstract
- is a verb, not just a noun
- along with mercy and grace, are free and we should be generous with them!  (thanks, Myrtle Groggins)
- "Dear children, let’s not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions." I John 3:18

We cannot say that we love someone and then not show it in actions.  Love professed and then not acted on is hypocrisy.  "But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners." Romans 5:8. 

God has showered His love on us and we are grateful. 

3 comments:

Steve said...

Hear, hear!

Jeano said...

"And I will be my brother's keeper Not the one who judges him I won't despise him for his weakness I won't regard him for his strength I won't take away his freedom I will help him learn to stand" ~Rich Mullins~

myrtle groggins said...

love never gives up.