Thursday, January 6, 2011

HOPE

My picking a word for this year prompted by husband to do the same.  It really didn't take much thought for him.  His word for the year is HOPE.  I like it!  So, together we hope for restoration! :)  Seriously, he is full of hope for this year.  I don't know that he's picked any verses for this, but I'm sure he has some in mind.  I like that he is so full of hope and faith.  He is that way so much more than I am.  (Good thing we're together!)

So, two things happened today to give me that sense of hope:
1) Just as I was getting ready to go meet someone for coffee the phone rang.  It was a woman from our former church (the one that disintegrated  about 1 1/2 years ago).  She asked how we're doing and said she's been thinking of us and praying for us.  I told her about Jim's "word for the year".  She went on to say that she really believes that the Lord has something really great for us this year and also encouraged me/us in the gifts God has given us.  She said how she loved our church and did not understand what happened but it HOPEFUL that God will restore us.  I was so encouraged by that "out of the blue" phone call!

2)  I met a young woman for coffee who is planning to get married this year.  I am so impressed with this young couple and their desire to honor and glorify God in their relationship/marriage.  I really enjoyed talking with her today as we do when we meet with them together.  Doing this encourages me/us that maybe we CAN "do ministry" again!  We were so beaten down and discouraged ( dis·cour·age = to deprive of courage, hope, or confidence; dishearten; dispirit.) after the fall of the church that we have often wondered if God could or would ever use us again.  I'm not sure who benefits more from our counseling times together... us or them!

Thank you, Father, for giving me HOPE today!  I have a brighter outlook on this year, and a sense of the hope for restoration! 



No comments: