Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Piano Lessons

I offer piano instruction in my home in Exeter and am now taking new students.

Here is the basic information:
*Lessons are once per week for 30 minutes.
*Times and Days - I teach on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday after school from 4:00 - 5:30.  I currently have Tuesday and Thursday openings.
*Lessons are $15 each week (preferably paid for the month at the beginning of each month)
*Lessons books are provided by me unless you prefer to provide your own at your cost.
*Practicing each day is critical to improving and learning!
*Method - I use Bastien books.  Each student will learn from a theory book and a lesson book.
*Instrument - it is best to have a piano instead of a keyboard, unless it is a keyboard with weighted keys.
*Performances - There are 2 recitals each year, one in December and one in May.  Pieces are memorized and played for a small audience of family and friends.

A little about me:
I majored in Music Education at California State University Fresno and have a BA in Music.
I have a current teacher's credential for K-12 Music.
I have studied privately since graduation and currently play piano for the Mt. Whitney High School choral department.
I have played for many choral groups and churches over the years.

If interested please contact me at:
email:  jeanopiano@gmail.com

No comments: