Friday, November 14, 2008

Always learning

...and never able to come to a knowledge of the truth..."
I'm taking this verse totally out of context. Some days I feel like I'm always "supposed to be" learning but somehow never quite arrive. I'm 51 years old and still feel like I don't know anything. Sure I know a few things but really, will I ever arrive? Some days are good and I feel confident, happy, etc. Other days, well.... not so much. Those are days I want to crawl into a hole and pull it in after me.
I'm having one of those days/weeks. I'm sure there is a reason for it. I'm sure there's something I'm supposed to be learning and having yet "gotten it". ("You still don't get it, do you, Jean?") I do believe that God is patient and an excellent (perfect)teacher. "The LORD is merciful and gracious, He is slow to get angry and full of unfailing love. He will not constantly accuse us, nor remain angry forever." (Psalm 103:8-9). This gives me hope.
I guess that has to be the bottom line. My hope has to be in God and not in anyone or anything else. "On Christ,the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand." May I learn to keep my feet on the rock.

No comments: