Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Golden Arrow

"Patience is more than endurance. A saint's life is in the hands of God like a bow and arrow in the hands of an archer. God is aiming at something the saint cannot see, and He stretches and strains, and every now and again the saint says - "I cannot stand any more." God does not heed, He goes on stretching till His purpose is in sight, then He lets fly. Trust yourself in God's hands. For what have you need of patience just now? Maintain your relationship to Jesus Christ by the patience of faith. "Though He slay me, yet will I wait for Him."" - Oswald Chambers

This was my devotional reading for Sunday, May 8th.  I can sure identify with the saint that says "I cannot stand anymore".  The challenge is to trust myself, my family and other loved ones in God's Hands.  He knows what He is about.  I think it's all more than I can take but He sees the big picture and He knows me.  "But he knows the way that I take; when he has tried me, I shall come out as gold."  Job 23:10

So, I figure... according to "Ozzie" (our affectionate term for Oswald Chambers) and according to Job...
I am like an arrow and one who will come out as gold.   A golden arrow?  I don't know about that.  I just want to be whatever He wants me to be. 

No comments: