Monday, May 2, 2011

Should We Be Glad?

"Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, and let not your heart be glad when he stumbles." - Proverbs 24:17

Another blog friend posted about this.  
I agree with her.  One one hand, yes, the face we have attached to "evil" for the past decade is now gone, and we should be relieved.  But how many more are there just like him?  And should we rejoice in death? 

"As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways! Why will you die, people of Israel?"
Ezekiel 33:11
 
I'm just sad.  This world is full of sadness, evil and death.  I would much rather have watched the Royal wedding again or "Extreme Makeover Home Edition" last night.  I want to rejoice in good things.  
 
 

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Sad, yes.

(thanks for the link to my blog.)

Anonymous said...

I agree with you....