Monday, July 18, 2011

Maybe it's because I spent the morning with my daughter getting senior pictures taken.  Or maybe it's because we spent a few hours last night talking, crying and then laughing with my brother and sis-in-law (remembering their son who passed away in March).  Or maybe it's realizing that in a few weeks my boys are back to college and my youngest starts 7th grade.  I'm realizing how short life is.  Obviously we cannot go back in time knowing all we know now.   I want to treasure every moment... freeze frame every image of my kids, husband, nieces, nephews, brothers, sisters, friends. I want to re-live moments of hilarious laughter.  I want to savor every hug. 
Each day is precious.  Each little "insignificant" moment is worth remembering.  Today, July 18th, is a gift.  Lord, help me to relish it, savor it, and soak in every moment, because it's from You.

1 comment:

Maureen said...

What a great reminder...thanks Jean!