Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Summer reading

I plan to write more about this later, but, I just finished reading the last Harry Potter book (#7).  My kids said I had to read it before the movie comes out of July 15th.
I have to admit that, for years, I did not want to read these and did not want my children reading them.  I didn't like the terms "witch" and "wizard" because of the huge amount of occult (witchcraft) so obvious in France, where I lived for 5 years.  I still do not like those terms. 
We finally relented and allowed our children to read the books. 
I have only read the 7th (but plan to read the first 6 this summer). 
I want to think about all this before I write more.  I have ordered a book that was highly recommended called "Looking for God in Harry Potter" .  It's due to arrive in a few days.  After I read through it then I might have something more intelligible to say. 
Meanwhile, I enjoyed the book.  It was very well written and it's clear to see some very Christian themes coming through.  The difference between good and evil is quite clear.  Love wins.  

No comments: