Saturday, October 29, 2011

Super Heroes

Captain America is my new favorite super hero!  My kids saw the movie over the summer and said I would like it.  We just watched it last night... they were right!  I loved it.  There was no bad language, no sexual inuendos, nothing objectionable.  The best thing about it is the character himself.  Steve Rogers is an ordinary (and smallish) guy who just wants to serve his country.  When asked if he wants "to go kill Nazis" he answers "I don't want to kill anyone.  I just don't like bullies.  I don't care where they're from."  He also throws himself on a grenade (turns out it was a fake and just a "test" by the commander) to save his fellow soldiers.  He is a genuine "good guy".  This is the main quality that makes him the perfect candidate for the drug that makes him "super".  The doctor who has chosen him tells him, "Whatever happens, stay who you are. Not just a soldier, but a good man."
There are very few "good men" in this world.  It's a joy and relief to see one like in the movies!  I am blessed to know some good men. One of them was my father.  My brothers are also good men (as are my brother's in law). I also happened to be married to a very good man.  He has the same qualities as Steve Rogers.  He doesn't like bullies.  He would throw himself on a grenade for those around him.  He has a heart of compassion and so many other good qualities.  He just doesn't have the shield and cool suit.  

No comments: