Monday, January 2, 2012

This Year's Word

Contentment.

Examples of CONTENTMENT
  1. He believes that people can find peace and contentment in living simply.
  2. There was a look of perfect contentment on her face."
I'm kinda liking that first example... "finding peace and contentment in living simply."  This goes along with some other commitments we are making as a family this year.  We will be living within our means (what a concept!) and being creative with (and thankful for) what we have.  This will all be wrapped up in trusting God, in resting in His Sovereign goodness and control.   You know, in Star Wars (the very first one) when Luke is trying so hard with all the equipment to blow up the Death Star and then he hears Obi Wan's voice saying "use the Force"...  Yeah, it feels kinda like that.  We're going to stop trying so hard using so many other means to find peace and satisfaction.  We're going to trust God.  It's a much more relaxed "stance".  Although, even this morning I'm finding myself in a bit of a panic about some things.  I need to (and just did) take a deep breath and let go.  The Lord knows my/our needs.

These are some Scripture passages I'll be looking at more in depth over the coming weeks and months:
Matthew 6:25-24
Phillipians 4:11-13
I Timothy 6:6-8
2 Corinthians 12:9-10

4 comments:

Alida Sharp said...

I love this word...eager to see how God uses it for you in 2012!

Jeano said...

Thanks, Alida! I am too! :)

db said...

Contentment. WE would all be better off if we chose contentment. Bless you jean and family as you walk this path. love to you.

Jeano said...

Thanks, Donna!