Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Key to My Heart

I chose this title for a couple of reasons...

1) I'm a pianist and express my heart best while playing the piano (hence the name "keys"... you know, like piano keys). I'm not as good expressing myself verbally... I do much better in writing but if you want to know my heart, it comes out in the way I play.

2) In the Bible (book of Isaiah) is this: "The LORD is exalted, for He dwells on high... He will be the sure foundation of your times (and boy do we need a sure foundation in these times!!), a rich store of wisdom and knowledge (and we also need tons of wisdom and knowledge); the fear of the LORD is the key to this treasure." Isaiah 33:5-6
I'm a slow learner, but this is one thing I'm learning... fearing God, honoring Him, reverencing Him, living in awe and respect of Him, while at the same time knowing that He is GOOD and His love endures forever... fearing God is the key to having a happy heart, having a solid foundation and finding true wisdom and knowledge. The only way to truly know all this is to come into relationship with this great and awesome God through Jesus Christ! He really is the key!

So, there it is... my venture into blogging.

No comments: