Thursday, September 25, 2008

"Teach Out of Your Failures"

I just found this on "Revive Our Hearts".

"Teach out of your failures. Teach out of what God has shown you where you did blow it, where you didn’t trust Him, what you learned through that, where God found you, about the addictions that you had, about the ways that you failed. Teach out of your life, and help those who are coming behind you to be guarded and protected in their steps. My life is so much richer today as I’m getting older because of older people who have poured into my life."

"Teach out of your failures"... how else can anyone learn except by finding out what doesn't work or where we've made mistakes. I can teach my kids things because I've "been there, done that" and know a little bit more than they do where to walk and how to do a few things. Same thing with teaching piano. Goodness... I've made so many (and continue to) mistakes. I can tell and show my students how NOT to do things and maybe show them a few things I've learned along the way to make better music.
May I learn to pour into others' lives the things I've learned "the hard way" and do so with grace, mercy, patience and love.





No comments: