Thursday, September 25, 2008

So... why did I start this anyway??

So now I'm writing my second "post" and wondering what in the world I've gotten into. Sometimes I do this... jump into something because it strikes my fancy, or I want to try something new. I'm not exactly sure why I started this. I was, in part, inspired by a friend of mine (see "The Reformed Mexican" blog). Starting up a blog, for me, is a little like jumping into the Pacific Ocean and not knowing how to swim and then realizing I've already drifted away from the shore. I guess I've got to learn how to swim or I'll drown! So, if I flounder - be patient. I'm learning.
So, I'm back to where I started. Why am I doing this? I just read (well, re-read) a post from "Worship Matters" about blogging to worship God. It seems to me that all I do should be to glorify God... even "blogging". So now my challenge is to do that here. The Westminster Confession says that "the chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever". I hope that something I write here will glorify God and that if anyone even reads this [stupid] thing, that they receive some kind of encouragement from it.

No comments: