Tuesday, March 30, 2010

It's that time of year again.  Easter has "snuck up on me" this year.  Usually there are weeks of planning for Easter services but I've been so busy that I haven't given it much thought.... until today.
It's hard sometimes, to go into a Holiday with freshness and excitement.  Just like Christmas... how many times have you heard "The Christmas Story" and remained unmoved?  Easter, too.  Every year I think about how I want this year to be more meaningful.  I know the story and I am grateful beyond words for Jesus' sacrifice for me.  How can we make this more meaningful for the folks who come to worship?  I wish somehow we could hear the words as if for the first time. 
"Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do."
"It is finished."
"He is not here, He is risen, just as He said!"
and that great Gospel hymn...
"Because He lives, I can face tomorrow.  
Because He lives, all fear is gone.
Because I know He holds the future,
and life is worth the living, 
just because He lives."

No comments: