Friday, December 31, 2010

How To Do Chores

It was one of those mornings, we were expecting family at 11:00 and so many things were not yet done.  I turn into a crazy lady at times like that.  First I started out using guilt "Daddy and I have to do EVERYTHING around here!"  That didn't work.  So, we started in on "the quests".  First, there was "the quest of the broom".  (The living room had to be swept).  Next there was "the quest of the cheese" (arranging the cheeses onto a platter).  There was also "The quest of the bathroom", "The dishes quest" and "The Hoover Quest".  Once the quests were accomplished the kids could eat breakfast.  (Yes, I made them do quests before breakfast!).
It worked well!  Mary Poppins was right!  "In ev'ry job that must be done,There is an element of fun. 
You find the fun and snap! The job's a game!"  Problem is, I'll have to come up with another game for next time.

No comments: