Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Ignorantia juris non excusat

I didn't know!  Honest!
 Scrabble is a nice family game.  The way we played growing up was that you could add letters to words all over the board.  I never looked at the rules. Then there was last night.  We were playing last night and got into a "friendly discussion" about this.  Finally, the rules were consulted...

"The second player, and then each in turn, adds one or more letters to those already played to form new words. All letters played on a turn must be placed in one row across or down the board, to form at least one complete word. If, at the same time, they touch others letters in adjacent rows, those must also form complete words, crossword fashion, with all such letters."

Ignorance of the law is no excuse.

 

2 comments:

Alida Sharp said...

it is always fun to have family rules for games...I like the way you played growing up. Sounds okay to me!

Maureen said...

I agree with Alida....your way sounds fun:)