Tuesday, December 21, 2010

What, Me Worry?

“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; 
or about your body, what you will wear. 
Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?  
Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, 
and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. 
Are you not much more valuable than they?  
Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?"      
Matthew 6:25-27


For the past several days we've been watching these little yellow birds in our Birch tree outside our front window.  They are dozens of them, with 5 or 6 of them altogether on one branch eating parts of the tree that hang down.  I love watching them and am reminded every time that God feeds them.  I watch as other birds of varying sizes and colors perch in other trees or dig for worms in the lawn.  I once saw a larger bird (crow) bring an acorn he must have gotten or found somewhere and poke it into the lawn with his beak (her beak? I don't know).  It's fascinating!  God designed his creation this way!  What a wonderful visual reminder for me at times when I tend to worry. 
But God showed us very vividly recently how He cares for us in some unexpected gifts we received.  How thankful and humbled we are!  So, maybe it's good to be a "bird brain"! :)
Why worry?  God takes care of me!



No comments: