Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Phoenix Rises

Back in August of 2009 I blogged about beauty from ashes and the rise of the Phoenix.  It was written by faith.  In the middle of the ashes and darkness we were going through it was hard to believe that anything good could ever happen again.  The combination of death (dreams, ministry and my father) and the betrayal we experienced were almost too much to bear. 
Recent lessons and thoughts, including last night's movie (about which I wrote yesterday) combined with tonight's experience at the Tulare County Symphony (hearing Rachmaninoff's "Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini" and then "Firebird Suite") cement in my heart what has been going on in my mind. 
It sounds cliche (someone please teach me how to do accents on the computer) but here goes, "We don't know what the future holds, but we know WHO holds the future".  The Phoenix will rise.  Spring begins.  New life replaces death. We're moving on. 

No comments: