Sunday, December 30, 2012

Forget the past

"I will no longer waste my time relieving the past, instead I will spend it worrying about the future."

Haha....  Truthfully, this is how I often live.  I spend a lot of time reliving the past and, alternately, worrying about/planning the future.  This morning my husband spoke about these words from Isaiah in the Old Testament.


“Forget about what’s happened;
    don’t keep going over old history.
Be alert, be present. I’m about to do something brand-new.
    It’s bursting out! Don’t you see it?
There it is! I’m making a road through the desert,
    rivers in the badlands."


Isaiah 43:19

Most New Year's eve I reflect on the past year and look forward to a New Year.  This year want to take seriously the words from Isaiah and forget about what's happened.  I'm a little anxious about the New Year. So many things seem so uncertain.  I pick a "word" for the New Year.  I haven't picked one yet.  Last year's word was "contentment".  I feel I was/am pretty content.  This year.... hmmmm.... I don't know yet.  I want to live expectantly, to trust wholeheartedly, to take risks, to be bold, but there is a certain amount of fear.  

So, what should my "word" be this year?  What about your word?  

No comments: