Sunday, January 18, 2009

Yard Work

Yesterday we worked - all day - in the front yard. We took out some juniper bushes that have been there probably 50 years. We've been talking about doing this for about 5 years and finally decided to put some money aside from Christmas to get some Chinese Pistache. Once I get the pictures out of my camera and onto the computer I'll put them up.
Another "coming improvement" for the yard is the replacing of some equally old trees/bushes and planting a vegetable and herb garden. (We first called it an "herb and vegetable" garden, which sounded like "ubran vegetable" garden. We may end up calling it that! I've never planted a garden before but have been wanting to do that. My sister-in-law is going to help me (and I'll be bugging Maureen for help, too!)
One of these days I'll post on here some of the lessons learned while pruning, digging, pulling weeds, cutting off roots, etc.
We feel very "accomplished" having actually planted something in our yard. Most of the work we do normally (our regular "jobs") don't have this kind of satisfaction. At the end of the day we can't [ususally] point to something and say "that's what we did today.
Yep, it was a good day yesterday!

No comments: