Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Looking for signs of life

I know it's coming...just don't see it yet.
We planted Chinese Pistache trees in January. We've watered them. The rain has watered them. I keep going out and looking to see if there are any sprouts yet.
I know that it will come.
Lots of times we (I) think that we should see results immediately... plant a seed, go out the next morning and see fully grown plants or flowers. It doesn't work that way with plants. Why do I expect results in my life instantaneously?
Jesus promised that "He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it."
There are other examples... the potter and the clay.... the refiner working with gold or silver...
a masterpiece "in process". One day there will be signs of life, growth and eventually something finished/full grown/"done".

No comments: