Sunday, March 22, 2009

My Son




My son, Joseph. I'm very proud of him, and all my kids. My boys (Michael and Joseph) are juniors in High School and maturing in so many ways. Here's something Joseph just posted on Facebook. I thought it was so good that I wanted to put it on here. (This, by the way, is NOT our car... it's the driving school's car). And, this post from Joseph applies not just to teenagers but to all of us.

"After reading Don't Waste Your Life by Jon Piper, and most of Do Hard Things by Alex and Brett Harris, I feel inspired to write a note. I am writing to those of you who call yourselves Christians. To Be a called a Christian in today's culture doesn't say much. I mean, how hard is it to go to church once a week? Even the Christian culture had low expectations of Christians, basically, the culture says that God is just another way to be happy, and that our happiness is the goal. That is not the goal of Christianity! The purpose of everyone's life is to Love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your life, by enjoying him forever. Glorifying God is what this life is all about! To do God's will should be our happiness. Now, that may include a nice house or a good job, but not necessarily. We need to be content to do God's will wherever it leads us. Another point I have is that teenagers are capable of so much, and very rarely are there teens who do anything higher than the expectations set for them. Do not waste your teenage years, or the rest of your life. Only what's done for God will last. Think about that. As Christians, we need to be living the Gospel. Otherwise, we are wasting our time here. I want to close with the idea that we (as teenagers) need to look at high school with the idea that this is another opportunity to show God's glory and to evangelize. We need to get out of the habit of counting down the days to the end of the year, or until break. We need to face every day with the attitude of "How can I further God's glory today" I am not claiming innocence in this, I need to work on this too. Just remember that Every day it an opportunity to show God's glory. Don't waste even one."

3 comments:

mmichele said...

Isn't that funny... I have a Joey and a Micah.

Jeano said...

I've had people call them Joshua and Michael and other combination of names. :) (they are twins)

Maureen said...

WOW....such wisdom at such a young age. Thank Joseph for giving us ALL something to think about.