Friday, November 6, 2009



Last night the EUHS Madrigal choir sang for the Citrus Mutual annual dinner (meeting?).  We sang in the convention center in a large ball room.  The singing went well, but what impressed me was, after we sang the National Anthem we said the Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag, which always moves me.  After that there was an invocation.  I didn't know what to expect but was presently surprised.  The woman who prayed asked God's blessing on the coming year's crops and protection for them as "we" provide food for the world.  I was really touched and grateful that we live in a country where a large group like this has the freedom to acknowledge God and ask for His blessing and protection.  I was impressed by their humility in acknowledging God.  I'm thankful for the freedoms we still enjoy!

No comments: