Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Day Psalm


"I will exalt you, Lord, for you rescued me.
      You refused to let my enemies triumph over me.

  O Lord my God, I cried to you for help,
      and you restored my health.
  You brought me up from the grave, O Lord.
      You kept me from falling into the pit of death.

  Sing to the Lord, all you godly ones!
      Praise his holy name.
  For his anger lasts only a moment,
      but his favor lasts a lifetime!
   Weeping may last through the night,
      but joy comes with the morning.

 When I was prosperous, I said,
      “Nothing can stop me now!”
 Your favor, O Lord, made me as secure as a mountain.
      Then you turned away from me, and I was shattered.

 I cried out to you, O Lord.
      I begged the Lord for mercy, saying,
 “What will you gain if I die,
      if I sink into the grave?
   Can my dust praise you?
      Can it tell of your faithfulness?
 Hear me, Lord, and have mercy on me.
      Help me, O Lord.”

 You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing.
      You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy,
 that I might sing praises to you and not be silent.
      O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever!"

-Psalm 30




No comments: