Monday, June 27, 2011

"I thank God whom I serve, as did my ancestors, with a clear conscience, as I remember you constantly in my prayers night and day.  As I remember your tears, I long to see you, 
that I may be filled with joy.   I am reminded of your sincere faith, a faith that dwelt first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice and now, I am sure, dwells in you as well."  
(2 Timothy 1:3-6)

We recently went to a family reunion for my husband's side of the family.  Not only was it just a plain old fun time (Playing "Mad Gab" until midnight... touring Amish Country, eating in an Amish Home and seeing a production of "Joseph" at the "Sight and Sound") it was a really enriching time of learning about family history and spiritual heritage.  My husband shared some thoughts from Scripture about passing on our Spiritual heritage to our children and related how much he had learned from his parents and grandparents.  I was so impressed and proud to learn about the Spiritual heritage of my husband's family.  My husband (Jim) joked at first about "Family Inheritance" instead of Family Heritage (and how there won't be much "inheritance"!) but concluded with the truth that Spiritual Heritage is far more important and long-lasting.  We are, by far, richer in our Christian heritage than many (or most) are in worldly wealth. 

No comments: