Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Thankful for (almost) nothing.

There's something wonderful about having very little.  When we have (almost) nothing, we pray and ask God to supply our needs... we count pennies (802 to be exact!), we re-use things we would have thrown away, we begin to be more creative, AND, we are more thankful!  We're thankful for saving, we're thankful for fresh zucchini and plums and the friends who supplied them, we're thankful for the jobs we do have when so many are out of work.  God is faithful.  He works in ways we cannot see.  He causes us to look to Him.  This is good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean..I do not think if I was abundant in "goods" that my gratitude for a providing, loving God would be what it is today. When I was hungry he fed me, when I needed warmth he sent me a coat, when I needed whatever he was always a right on time God...enjoyed